Information Architecture (IA) is where we as Digital Interactive Agency spend time with the client and ask every single possible question about:
- The goals of the web site or system
- The intended Audience & why will they use your system
- The content and information to be managed
- The functionality and interaction between the Audience and the content
- What the competition, if it exists, is doing well and badly
This is our discovery phase where we learn as much about the project as possible and create scenarios that a User will encounter using the system we build. It is a crucial stage which defines the complete development of the website.
From the information gathered, we should be able to deduce:
- What the purpose of the website is
- How many people are projected to use the system and how they will be targeted.
- What information interaction will occur
- What modules of functionality will be required
- How many dynamic pages will be required
- How the information will be organized in the database
Once this Data Analysis and Architecture is concluded we can move to discussing the User Experience Design.